A Global Economic Turf War

I can’t help but think how much the trillions of dollars worldwide that are hanging on the outcome of our election in November is driving a lot of what is going on these days.

Not a conspiracy or anything like that, just those with their hands on the levers of power jockeying for position like they always do.

Oh yeah, there’s a lot at stake.

Russia and China have a vested interested in the outcome of the elections and the Russians bots are putting in overtime to try to hack US companies, post on social media, etc.

Not to mention the thousands of interest groups in the US and the superpacs and the billionaires supporting Trump (Zuckerberg, Peter Thiel).

I wouldn’t have thought of Zuckerberg as a Trump supporter, but you’re right, we’ve created a world of interdependence around with globe that now has a direct impact on people’s daily lives like never before.

Inevitable, I think, given how things have been going for the past 20 to 30 years. Still sad to see though.

Oh, and to be fair, I think China has a lot more at stake in this election than Russia does. I think we all know who China wants to win.

Oh yes we do.

These guys spread their money around to both parties, but I think if you look at what’s been going on, the Chinese have pumped a lot more money into Democratic candidates and causes.

The Chinese gave millions to Clinton during his re-election campaign in 1996. There was a big scandal at the time, it was all legal, the money was funneled through fake front companies, but still I don’t think they gave him all that money because they thought he was a great guy.

China has also pumped billions into Hollywood and academia. I suspect that might have something to do with how the establishment media goes out of their way to avoid any scrutiny of China and their involvement in all of this.

With respect to Hollywood, it wasn’t long ago that they were protesting China for not allowing the Dalia Lama return to Tibet. Now they’re lining up to take money from China to make their stupid movies, even allowing the Chinese to have input on content, and last I looked, the Dalia Lama still isn’t allowed in Tibet.

True … money walks and bullshit talks. Hollywood movie scripts are being rewritten to please Chinese investors and audiences. You won’t see movies like “Seven Years in Tibet” anymore.